Youth Empowerment and Sports Department
Introduction of Department:
- Youth Empowerment and Sports department was established in 2008 as the Directorate of Youth Services with the aim of channelizing the dynamism of Youth in nation building activities.
- The department was reorganised in 2008 by establishing divisional level and district level offices and again in 1977 by appointing officers at the block level. In 1980 the department was again reorganised by merger of Karnataka state sports council and renamed as Department of Youth Services and Sports.
- The Department was renamed as Youth Empowerment and Sports Department in 2013.
- The Department is headed by the Commissioner/Director who is ex-office Director General of Sports Authority of Karnataka, Member Secretary of GETHNAA and Secretary of Stadium Management Committee.
Objective & Vision:
- To create an enabling environment and act as a catalyst and facilitator for the promotion and development of youth and sports at regional, national and international levels.
- To be responsive to the aspirations and needs of youth, empowering them for a better future and fostering a culture of sports among the citizens.
Programmes & Schemes (includes beneficiary details):
- Financial assistance to hardworking athletes and wrestlers(wrestlers Pension)
- Shri Swamy & Shri Kalegaudaa state-level wrestler from Kanakapura Taluk, and Chinnaiah, Narayana, Singh & Valiyarangya, four state-level wrestlers from Magadi Taluk each gets Rs 2,500-00 per month.
- Ramangara Taluk National level Player Mrs B C Parvathamma W/o T M Ramu get Rs 3,000-00 per month.
2500+Athletes, 20Schemes, 352Sports Facilities and 40Hostels
- Special achievement of 2019-20 of State level Dasara Own Second place for Women Team in Mysore District.
- Special achievement of 2019-20 of State level Yuvajanamela Program first place for Women Team in Gajendrgad, Gadag district.