• Welcome to official Website of Ramanagara District


The Ramanagara Town .......

was ruled by the British Officer "Sir Barry Close", (17561813), in pre-Independence times, hence Ramanagara was earlier called as CLOSEPET. It was renamed as RAMANAGARA by the former Chief Minister of Karnataka State Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah. The architect, builder and mentor of the present Bengaluru City Sri Kempegowda is from Magadi Taluk of Ramanagara District. The Ramanagara district which was part of the Bangalore Rural district was bifurcated and reconstituted in the year 2007 with the District Head Quarters at Ramanagara Taluk along with three other taluks viz., Channapatna, Kanakapura and Magadi. more..

District Glance

Latitude 12o 24' and 13o 09' N
Longitude 77o 06' and 77o 34' E
Area 355912 Hectares
Temperature Max 34oC - Min 16oC
Rainfall 810.3 mms
Important Rivers Arkavathi and Shimsha
Main Crops Ragi,Paddy,Maize,Ground Nut,Sun Flower,Cardamom and Arecanut
Nearest Railway Station Ramanagaram
Nearest Airport Bangalore
No. Of Taluks 4
No. Of Hoblis 18
No. Of Gram Panchayats 130
No. Of Villages 823
No. Of Inhabited Villages 770
No. Of Un-Inhabited Villages 53
No. Of Hamlets 1319
No. Of Nada Offices 14
No. Of VA Circles 242
No. Of City Muncipal Council 3
No. Of Town Muncipal Council 1