Tahsildars Contact Details:
|Taluk||Name of the Tahsildars||Address||Contact No.||Email-id|
|Ramanagara||Shri H.T.Manjappa, K.A.S||Taluk office, Ramanagarafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Channapatna||Shri K.Ramesh||Taluk office, Channapatnaemail@example.com|
|Kanakapura||Shri Hanumatharayapa, K.A.S||Taluk office, Kanakapurafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Magadi||Shri C.H.Shivakumar||Taluk office, Magadiemail@example.com|
Tahsildar is the most important government functionary in the Taluk. He is immediately subordinate to the Assistant Commissioner.
The Tahsildar is responsible for the collection of land revenue and seeing that the village Accountants and Revenue inspectors in his charge work efficiently and keep the village records up-to-date. He has to accept mutations, hear and pass orders in disputed cases, test the Record of Rights and Crops Registers, check land revenue receipts and patta books and inspect village sites. He has to pay special attention to the removal of encroachments. He has to institute action on breaches of the Land Reforms Act and to inspect works for which Land Improvement Loans have been given or are to be given. As the Officer responsible for the upkeep of the Record of Rights in his Taluk, he must, whenever on tour, satisfy himself that the RIs and VAs understand their duties in this and other respects & carrying them out properly. After the village inspection, the Tahsildar should record any orders or instrtuctions given to the RIs or VAs. He is responsible for the proper functioning of the public distribution system in his Taluk and has to verify periodically the stocks held in Government Godowns in his Taluk. He should also inspect the depots handling essential commodities and verify by local enquiry whether there are any malpractices.
By virtue of his office the Tahsildar is an Executive Magistrate under the Criminal Proceedure Code. He is the Electoral Registration Officer for his Taluk and also the Assistant Returning Officer for the Assembly constituencies covering his Taluk. He is also the Secretary of the Tribunals constituted under the Land Reforms Act unless there is a Special Tahsildar for Land reforms functioning as Secretary of the Tribunal.
Sherastedars/ Deputy Tahsildars have been appointed in each Taluk to assist the Tahsildar. Under Rules 43 and 67 of the KLR Rules, 1966, Sheristedar or any officer of Revenue Department equal or superior in rank to him can hear and pass orders in disputed cases arising at the stage of preparation of Record of Rights and also at the maintenance stage.
Powers and duties of Tahsildar under various State Acts.
- 1) Karnataka Agricultural credit operations and miscellaneous provisions act 1974 and Rules 1975.
- 2) Karnataka Agricultural produce marketing regulation Act 1966.
- 3) Karnataka Cattle trespass Act 1966.
- 4) Karnataka Certain Inam Abolition Acts
- 5) Karnataka Irrigation Act 1965
- 6) Karnataka Irrigation levy of water rates rules 1965.
- 7) The Karnataka legal aid district and taluk committees scheme 1983
- 8) Karnataka Public premises eviction of unauthorized occupants act 1974 and Rules.
- 9)Karnataka Land Reforms Act 1961 and Rules.
- 10)Karnataka Muncipalities Act 1964.
- 11)Karnataka Land Revenue Act 1964 and Rules 1966.
- 12)Karnataka Debt relief Act 1976.
- 13)Karnataka Old Age Pension Rules 1955.
- 14) Karnatka Destitute Widows Pension Rules 1984.
Ramanagara Taluk Details: