The Official Web Portal of Ramanagara District
|Village Accountant Recruitment|
Document Verification will be conducted from 11-14 December 2017.
Please attend for document verification on the scheduled dates for your Reference Number mentioned in the list.
The Ramanagara Town .......
was ruled by the British Officer "Sir Barry Close", (1756–1813), in pre-Independence times, hence Ramanagara was earlier called as CLOSEPET. It was renamed as RAMANAGARA by the former Chief Minister of Karnataka State Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah. The architect, builder and mentor of the present Bengaluru City Sri Kempegowda is from Magadi Taluk of Ramanagara District. The Ramanagara district which was part of the Bangalore Rural district was bifurcated and reconstituted in the year 2007 with the District Head Quarters at Ramanagara Taluk along with three other taluks viz., Channapatna, Kanakapura and Magadi. more..
|Latitude||12o 24' and 13o 09' N|
|Longitude||77o 06' and 77o 34' E|
|Temperature||Max 34oC - Min 16oC|
|Important Rivers||Arkavathi and Shimsha|
|Main Crops||Ragi,Paddy,Maize,Ground Nut,Sun Flower,Cardamom and Arecanut|
|Nearest Railway Station||Ramanagaram|
|No. Of Taluks||4|
|No. Of Hoblis||18|
|No. Of Gram Panchayats||127|
|No. Of Villages||823|
|No. Of Inhabited Villages||770|
|No. Of Un-Inhabited Villages||53|
|No. Of Hamlets||1319|
|No. Of Nada Offices||14|
|No. Of VA Circles||242|
|No. Of City Muncipal Council||3|
|No. Of Town Muncipal Council||1|